This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links, at no extra cost to you.
There’s something about lemons that make me long for summertime and sunshine! That’s probably why I decided to make a Raspberry Lemon Loaf at the end of February, as I’m clearly ready for winter to bid adieu! It’s been a cold, dreary season and after months of comfort foods (and pumpkin everything!), I start to crave lighter and fresher dishes. Raspberries and lemons just sounded perfect to me, so I got baking!
This version of a classic lemon loaf is perfect for a paleo or keto/low carb dessert, breakfast, or afternoon tea time. I love the vibrant red colour of the raspberries, but this recipe would also be delicious with blueberries, blackberries, or cranberries!
To keep it sugar-free and low carb, I used Erythritol, a natural sugar alcohol. It’s about 70% as sweet as sugar, but with no calories and a low-glycemic index. I like the Now Foods brand because it’s non-GMO! If you prefer to use maple syrup or honey, I would try half a cup.
Make sure to let the Raspberry Lemon Loaf cool off completely before slicing it, otherwise, it will crumble and fall apart. If you have a cooling rack, I recommend using it. I found the loaf held up much better the next day after it had been in the fridge.
I hope this adds a dash of sunshine to your day! Enjoy!
Raspberry Lemon Loaf
- 4 eggs extra large
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut oil (let it cool off a bit so it doesn’t scramble your eggs) lemon juice and zest, and vanilla.
- Gently fold in raspberries, and pour into the parchment lined loaf pan. (I saved a few raspberries to gently press into the top of the batter for decoration)
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Gently lift it out with the parchment paper and let completely cool before slicing.
Are you thinking of trying out a Keto diet? Don’t know where to start? Grab my FREE guide – 8 Ketogenic Foods to Help you Lose Weight & Blast Fat! Click here to get yours today!