This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links, at no extra cost to you.
The smell of lavender is probably one of my favourite scents! I tend to gravitate towards lavender scented items when I see them in stores – candles, soaps, skin creams, shampoo etc. It’s quite popular in aromatherapy because of it’s calming and relaxing effect. So when I saw dried lavender flowers in the spice section of my favourite bulk store, I decided to pick some up! I didn’t know what I was going to do with it yet, but I wanted it!
So I brought it home, opened it up and took a big whiff! Mmmmm. Immediately I thought of Earl Grey, and how nice the lavender and bergamot would pair together. Why not make a Lavender London Fog (Earl Grey latte)?? Better yet, a KETO version of the classic tea latte! Sort of like a Bulletproof tea!
If you haven’t heard of Bulletproof coffee, the coffee is blended with some type of fat, either butter, coconut oil or MCT oil. It’s particularly popular with the keto dieters, and surprisingly, tastes delicious! The added fats (some people also add protein in the form of collagen) keep your blood sugar steady and your hunger at bay for hours. In fact, it often substitutes breakfast. So why not try it with tea! I decided to include coconut oil in this recipe, and I think it really works! Not only does it add some yummy
Speaking of froth, you’ll need a milk frother for this recipe. I have this one from Simple Taste, and it works like a charm! In fact, it works so well you have to be careful how full your cup is, or you might end up with a mess! Alternatively, you could add all the ingredients to a blender.
For the almond milk, I highly recommend making your own (it’s nice with a dash of vanilla!) but your
Enjoy cozying up with this heavenly treat!
Keto Lavender London Fog
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag (or 1.5 tsp loose leaf)
- 1/2 tsp dried Lavender flowers
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (warm)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- Steep the tea and lavender in the hot water for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to the warmed almond milk and stir until melted. Use a milk frother to whisk until there’s a nice foam on top.
- Strain the lavender and remove tea bag from the hot water (if using collagen, stir it in at this point)
- Pour the milk into the tea and spoon some foam on top. Garnish with a sprinkle of lavender. Enjoy!
Are you on my mailing list?? Join the High Note Health community and I’ll send you a FREE Keto Foods guide! Click here to get yours today!